At the 16th International CTI-Conference “Automotive Diagnostics” the participants had the chance to attend a workshop hosted by Robert Bosch GmbH. The attendees discussed in two different groups about Data analytics in different diagnostic use cases. They focused on the topics “Benefit & Value”, “Improvement & Changes” and “Regulations”.
Different questions were asked and discussed:
Benefit & Value
How could we (OEM, supplier, end user, …) benefit form the value in providing the data?
- improve the quality Historical Data
- avoid breakdowns
- improve the quality of products
- more transparency to customer
- identify correlations
- improve the quality of cars
- improve the quality of onboard diagnostic data
- avoid mistakes
- improve efficency
- improve developing process
- create fun for end user
- data for second owner of a car
- driver profiles for fleets e.g. how the product is used
- more comfort for end user
- improve updates
How do you judge the value of a data analytics solution?
- time and cost to fix a problem
- downtime for CV
- availability of mobility for mobility provider
- reduction of warranty costs
- support of quality engineers
- availability of the right data to the different users
- better decisions
- new information extracted of the data
- to judge if models/ assumptions are correct
- correlations to events
- safe costs
- return of investments
Improvement & Changes
Which use cases are used to make decissions?
- most efficient order of executing diagnostic steps
- no future found
- technical & business
- business: visulisation, more up-to-date – automatisation
- sales recomendations technical diagnosis systems
- quality error identification
- analyse data: large variety, sending behaviour of cars – planning of BE systems
Where do we see the biggest needs to improve data analytics?
- infrastructure/ data collection
- Algorithmus/ Analytics
- user interfacts
- standardisation of data formats & data access
- interpretable models
- secure access to high quality data
- competition of services
- data needed to answer the use cases – not yet completly aviable
- data validation
- confidence estimation
- suppliers: Adaption of systems
- needs: date from realt usage, collegt right data
- today: manually steps – automatisation – powerful tools reg.
How could future mobility (shuttle, autonomous driving, …) impact data analytics in diagnostics?
- more homogenious diagnostic data – more different to analysis
- on board preprocessing
- usage pattern of vehicle
- frequent updates
- continue learning with data
- consens from user reg. data collection
- reduce amount of data to get valid result
- upcomming governmental regulations
How could governmental regulations impact data analytics?
- emission based control & monitoring on-line monitoring
- IDS & security regulation, e.g. V2V, V2X, …
- RMI (EU), right to repair (US)
- security & privacy
- different country = different regulation
- access to data in vehicle is not regulated
- Right to repair
- warranty legislations
- accident data recorder
- new types approved
- NEVADA neutral server
- tolling + Country border
How to judge the existing SAE norm to exchange data and maintenance information?
- no knowledge
- C-IST are EsVec but usage are open?
- no chance of a standard?
- no experience, no information
- ExVec or alternative
- ISO/ CEN Standard on RMI ISO 18541
- example: C-IST standartisation