Companies acquire, use, or share in the ordinary course of business vast amounts of data, including personal information covered by European data protection laws. Data protection issues must be considered in an acquisition from the outset, and can have a significant impact on the value and terms of the deal, including whether or not to acquire certain data as part of the transaction, and how to value that data.
The experts Dr Axel Kessler and Dr Friedrich Popp have addressed the following questions:
- What are the intersections between M&A and data protection?
- Conducting a transaction is data processing – what is the GDPR framework?
- How to assess the target’s data protection compliance?
- What are the elements of a compliant due diligence process?
- Closing: How to transfer customer, supplier and employee data in a share or in an asset deal?
Dr Axel Kessler LL.M., Global Head of Data Privacy, Siemens
Dr Friedrich Popp, Senior Associate, Debevoise & Plimpton